KOJAIN Merit Scholarship
A one-time KOJAIN Merit Scholarship is awarded to North American High School graduating qualified students, entering college/university to pursue further studies. Up to three $1000
scholarships will be offered. KOJAIN is soliciting applications for the 2023 Merit Scholarship.
• Last day for the submission of the application is May 31, 2023. The applicant will be notified of the Judge’s decision by the 2nd week of June 2023.
• A list of winners will appear on the KOJAIN website at www.kutch.co and will be published in the September 2023 issue of the KOJAIN newsletter.
• The KOJAIN Scholarship program is administered by the scholarship committee appointed by the KOJAIN Board of Directors and is made possible by KOJAIN members’ tax-deductible contributions to the KOJAIN scholarship fund.
• Graduating High School seniors planning to attend an accredited college or university full-time in the fall of 2023.
• Applicant whose parents are KOJAIN Life Members.
• Grade point average of at least 3.0 on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
Your application must contain the following:
1. Submit an unofficial 4-year high school transcript, including the 2022-2023 school year. Photocopies are acceptable.
2. Copies of American College Testing (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Testing (SAT), or any other entrance examination scores.
3. List and briefly describe any extracurricular services and activities. Please provide enough information so that the selection committee will understand the nature of your services and activities.
4. Photograph of your face (head and shoulders only) in jpg format.
5. Essay Requirements & Topics are given below.
Write a 500-word essay in which you develop your point of view on any one of the topics presented below. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your readings, studies, experiences, or observations.
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. Reflect on something that someone has done for you that has made you happy or thankful in a surprising way. How has this gratitude affected or motivated you?
3. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
Where to send your application:
Upload your documents and essay by using the following Google Forms link: